Order a tax card for your pension
You will need a tax card for your pension, because pensions are taxed differently to pay.
Request a tax card in good time, as soon as you have received your pension decision. If you do not have a tax card, your pension will be subject to withholding of 40%.
For your pension income tax card you will need
- the decision on your initial pension
- information on your income from the start of the year
- details on withholding and deductions.
You cannot obtain a tax card without these.
We will deliver the new pension income tax card directly to the pension provider. We can also provide your employer with a tax card for salary income.
See the instructions on ordering a tax card online
You can also order a tax card in other ways
- Call number 029 497 000.
- Fill in the paper form.
- Visit the Tax Office.
We will send the new tax card directly to the pension provider.
When you have ordered a tax card for your pension, the Finnish Tax Administration will automatically send information on your tax rate to your pension provider each year. In addition, you receive details about your tax card in MyTax and by post each year, Check these details to ensure that a tax rate has been provided for your pension for the following year. If this information is missing, order a new tax card.
Tax card for pension income requested after 10 November
If you have requested a tax card for pension income after 10 November, you will not receive a pension tax card for 2021 automatically.
What to do:
- You receive your tax card for 2021 in December or January. You can make changes to your tax card after receiving it.
- Your tax card for 2020 will be used for the income you receive in January 2021, unless you have requested changes to your 2021 tax card.
- You will need your tax card for pension income by February 2021. If you do not deliver your pension tax card to the payor, they will withhold 40% of tax on your pension.
Check the information on the tax return
Around New Year, your pension provider will send you information on the pension paid to you, and the related withholding tax, during the previous year. You will need this information when checking your pre-filled tax return. If information is missing from your tax return, add the missing information and correct the tax return, if necessary.