You can also order a tax card in other ways
Valid tax card in MyTax
You will receive a tax card in MyTax and by post at the turn of the year.
Instructions: How to find your tax card in MyTax
You can change the withholding rate at any time
If your income or deductions change, your withholding rate may be too high or low. In that case, you may want to make changes to your tax card. You can change the tax card as many times as necessary during the calendar year.
When you need a new tax card, you will need information about your income for the entire year. You will need the following information when requesting a revised tax card:
- An estimate of your income for the remainder of the year.
- Check how much income you have received so far during the year and how much tax you have paid on the income. In MyTax, you can use the information that your employer (or another payor) has reported to the Incomes Register. Alternatively, you can enter the information yourself based on your pay slip, for example.
- Any deductions, such as commuting expenses or a credit for household expenses.
Ask your employer how to deliver the tax card
Check with the employer or payor of other income how they want to receive your tax card information. Many employers and other payors receive tax card details electronically directly from the Tax Administration. In that case, you do not need to take any action.
If the payor does not receive your tax card details electronically, you yourself must provide them for example by presenting or sending the tax card to the payor. Check with the payor how to proceed and when the information is needed. Take into account that the payor may need the tax card details for example 2 weeks before wage payment.
There are different kinds of tax cards
You may need several tax cards if you have various types of income. Read more about the most common tax card types:
- Tax card for wages
- Tax card for benefits (unemployment, parental allowance)
- Tax card for trade income
- Tax card for pension
- Tax card for seafarer's income
- Tax-at-source card and Non-resident’s tax card