Business in Finland

Are you bringing your business operations to Finland? Your tax liabilities in Finland will depend on your company type and the scope of your operations.

New business

Are you starting up a new company in Finland? Follow our simple step-by-step instructions to ensure that all necessary details have been taken into account.

Being an employer

If your company has employees in Finland, you must register as an employer and follow certain obligations, such as withholding tax on wages.

Report wages to the Incomes Register

Every time you pay wages or other earned income, report the payment to the Incomes Register.

Employer Payroll Reports are no longer submitted for the payment year 2019.

Payment arrangements

If you encounter temporary financial difficulties, you can ask for an extension of time to pay your taxes. Ask for a payment arrangement in MyTax to be made for you for self-assessed taxes, income taxes, etc.

Processing times for returns and applications

Processing time refers to the time that starts when a return or an application arrives at the Tax Administration.