Scam messages have been sent in the Finnish Tax Administration’s name. Read more about scams

Working in Finland for a foreign employer

When you work in Finland for a non-Finnish employer, your taxation depends on how long you stay in Finland.

Staying in Finland for 6 months or less
         You do not usually have to pay tax to Finland.

Living or staying in Finland longer
         In most cases, you must pay tax as well as mandatory insurance contributions to Finland.

If your employer has a permanent establishment in Finland, they are treated as a Finnish employer. In this case, you will have to pay tax on your wages in the same way as if your employer was Finnish.

If you are a foreign leased employee, see the guidance for foreign leased employees.

Employer: Guidance on how to help your construction workers with their tax matters before they start working. 
Webinar recording: Information of construction workers’ tax numbers and the reporting requirements in the construction sector.

Page last updated 4/17/2020