Scam messages have been sent out in the Tax Administration’s name. Read more about scams.

Registration of the right of residence in Finland

If you are going to stay longer than for one year, the Finnish Digital Agency will review your request and decide whether a Finnish municipality should be entered in the register as your domicile.

If you are a citizen of an EU country, or of Liechtenstein or Switzerland, and you are staying longer than three months, the right to reside in Finland is either online-registered in Enter Finland or registered by the Finnish Immigration Service at one of their customer service points.  However, if you are a Nordic citizen, you should visit the Finnish Digital Agency instead. Under Nordic conventions, Nordic citizens need only register if they stay for six months or longer, and the registration process is more straightforward.

Page last updated 8/10/2018