Submitting or changing your bank account number
This guide is for individual taxpayers, corporate taxpayers and organisations.
The Tax Administration needs your bank account number to pay you tax refunds. If you keep your bank account number up-to-date, you get your refund faster. Submit your bank account number to the Tax Administration if you have not submitted it yet or if it has changed.
When you submit the bank account number in MyTax, it will be updated in our records immediately.
Instructions: How to submit a bank account number in MyTax
Note: you cannot send us information on your bank account number by telephone or email.
If you want to have MyTax as the only way where you inform the Tax Administration of a changed bank account number, you can make a restriction setting as follows:
- select the Taxpayer details tab, and then
- scroll down to Setting restrictions on service channels.
- select Change service channel — Only electronic service channels permitted.
MyTax also allows you to submit the bank account number of your underage child
If you are the child’s guardian, you can log in to MyTax with your own e-bank codes and select on whose behalf you are using the service.
Children under 18 can also submit their own bank account number in MyTax if they have a mobile certificate that they can use to log in.
Individual taxpayers can also submit their bank account number by filing a paper form
- Individual taxpayer: Individual's bank account notice (Form 7208e).
- Estates of deceased persons: Form 7926e (Notice of bank information of an estate).
- Please note that the form must be signed.
- Send the completed form to the address stated on the top of the form. You can also leave the completed form at any tax office.
- If you want to order the form by post, call our service number 029 497 030 (standard call rates).
Please note that if you submit the bank account number on paper, it takes much longer to update it in the Tax Administration’s records than if you submit it in MyTax.
Corporate entities and VAT taxpayers must submit their bank account numbers in MyTax
Corporate entities must submit their bank account number in MyTax.
However, authorised agents or representatives who have logged into MyTax to handle their client’s affairs cannot change the account number of a limited company, of a public limited company or of an association.
Only the following persons can make changes to bank information:
- The company’s or cooperative’s board member or director, whose role in the organisation is recorded in the Trade Register.
- The association’s chairperson or sole representative who has the right to sign for the association alone, whose role is recorded in the register of associations (yhdistysrekisteri; föreningsregistret).
Corporate entities and VAT taxpayers can submit their bank account number on a paper form only for a special reason, such as technical difficulties. Read more: Corporate taxpayers’ bank account notice (7209e).