Foreign company in MyTax
If a foreign company does not have a Finnish Business ID although it has tax matters in Finland, the company can register in the Tax Administration’s register of taxpayers and use the MyTax e-service. If the company has a Finnish Business ID, it is already registered.
MyTax is the Tax Administration’s e-service where you can take care of your company’s tax matters yourself.
A company can register in the taxpayer register only for a valid reason.
The reasons include:
- VAT special scheme returns
- reports on construction work
- transfer taxation
- real estate taxation
- excise taxation
- car taxation.
Get an UID and an authorisation and fill in the application in MyTax
- First get a foreign individual’s unique identifier (UID) and a Suomi.fi authorisation
- Log in to MyTax with the Finnish Authenticator app
- Fill in the application
Include the following information in the application:
- company’s name
- company’s contact information
- company’s home country
- company’s ID (VAT number, TIN, foreign business ID or foreign trade register number) – enter the same ID that you used when you applied for a Suomi.fi authorisation
- country where the ID is registered.
When we have processed your application and added your information to the Tax Administration’s register of taxpayers, we will notify you by e-mail. After you have received the e-mail, you can log in to MyTax and use it to take care of your company’s tax matters.