The financial sector and taxation
Current issues in the financial sector
- The government proposal to amend tax legislation, including the Act on the Taxation of Nonresidents' Income, has passed in the Parliament of Finland
Newsletter for the financial sector
The newsletter includes information on current tax matters and upcoming legislative changes relevant for businesses operating in the financial sector. The newsletter is published in Finnish, Swedish and English.
Legislative change and nominee registered shares
- The content and status of the proposal - only available in Finnish (Ministry of Finance)
- For more information, please contact: financialsector(a)vero.fi
- Legislative change regarding nominee-registered shares: what will change and when (28.5.2019)
- What is new in tax-at-source on dividends (18.12.2018)
Find out how different actors in the financial sector are defined with respect to taxation and depending on the context.
Learn more about nominee-registered shares, tax-at-source, annual information returns, etc.
Holder of a custodial nominee account? Register into the foreign custodian register.
Insurance business running companies and insurance providers, both Finnish and foreign companies located in the EEA, are usually obliged to report and to pay insurance premium taxes in Finland.
Contact information for issues related to the financial sector, and other points of contact for the Finnish Tax Administration.
The site is currently being updated. More information will be added on the following areas: tax on insurance premiums and income taxation.