Service break in MyTax between 10 and 12 February – take care of your tax matters in good timeNews, 2/3/2023
MyTax will be down in mid-February due to a system upgrade. During the break, the Excise Movement and Control System will be implemented in MyTax.
The service break will start on Friday 10 February at 3.30 pm and end on Sunday 12 February at 6 pm. During the service break, you cannot log in to MyTax or manage your taxes there. We advise you to deal with your tax matters before the break insofar as possible.
Please note the following during the service break
- Tax cards: You cannot request a tax card in MyTax between Friday 10 February 3.30 pm and Sunday 12 February 6 pm. It will again be possible to request a tax card in MyTax on Sunday 12 February from 6 pm onwards. In addition, from Monday 13 February 9 am onwards, you can get a tax card from your local tax office or by calling the Tax Administration’s telephone service (tel. 029 497 000).
- Paying taxes: Between Friday 10 February 3.30 pm and Sunday 12 February 6 pm, you cannot pay taxes in MyTax, nor can you get any payment details. However, you can pay taxes in your online bank. If you intend to do so, make sure you check the account and reference numbers in MyTax in good time before the service break. You can ask for payment details from the telephone service (tel. 029 497 026) as of Monday 13 February 9 am. You can search for payment details and pay taxes in MyTax again starting Sunday 12 February 6 pm.
- VAT returns (due date Mon 13 February): You cannot submit reports in MyTax after Friday 10 February 3.30 pm, so make sure you submit them before the service break. During the break, you can submit reports in the Ilmoitin.fi service, but they will not be processed until after the break. You can submit reports in MyTax again starting Sunday 12 February 6 pm.
- Tax debt certificates: The tax debt register is not available from Saturday 11 to Sunday 12 February. Tax debt certificates for overdue taxes are available from the taxpayer service as of Monday 13 February 9 am.
- API interfaces: Interfaces close on Saturday 11 February at 1 am and open on Sunday 12 February at 5 pm at the latest. New Vero APIs for EMCS will open on Monday 13 February at 8 am.
- Ilmoitin.fi and Lomake.fi services: During the service break, you can submit reports in the Ilmoitin.fi and Lomake.fi services and directly from your software via an operator. However, we will not process the reports until after the break. The reports or data you file are recorded for the day when they are submitted.
- Palkka.fi: You can calculate wages as usual and the reports are submitted to the Incomes Register, but they will not transfer to MyTax during the break. The reports will transfer to MyTax after the service break. The following information will not be transmitted from the Tax Administration to Palkka.fi during the break:
- changes in payment period details in MyTax
- tax card details in electronic format from the Tax Administration
- changes in the employer register (casual employer/regular employer)
- Tax numbers: The tax number register is unavailable between Friday 10 February 3.30 pm and Sunday 12 February. Because of the service break, we cannot issue you a tax number or enter you in the register of tax numbers between Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 February 2023. Read more: Tax number register.
With the service break, the EMCS service transfers from Customs to the Tax Administration. In future, the movement of excise products within the EU must be reported on EMCS in MyTax or via the EMCS system’s interfaces (Vero API).