Tax Administration Strategy 2019–2024
- We ensure tax revenue by acquiring and utilising tax data widely.
- We fight the shadow economy and thereby eliminate unhealthy competition in the market.
- We make sure our operations are reliable and effective.
- We invest in our staff’s competence development and in a healthy work community.
- We operate consistently and efficiently.
- Ease of tax filing and fair tax assessment create a positive taxpayer experience.
Our values are
- building trust
- working together
- embracing new ways of working
Our strategic objectives are
- ensuring tax revenue
- fair tax assessment
- positive taxpayer experience
Achieving the goals requires management of various phenomena, correctly focused steering and control, efficiency, and wide-reaching impact on the operating environment.
In the near future, we will focus on analytics and AI, automation and global cooperation, and interfaces and acquiring and utilising data. Our competencies and operating model must allow us to make fast and agile changes where necessary.
Tax Administration’s operating principles
Our way of working
- We increase operational agility by encouraging self-direction and self-organisation. New models are implemented stage by stage.
- Our centralised process management safeguards the reliability, efficiency and uniformity of taxation.
- We develop our services and products based on taxpayer understanding and taxpayer inclusion.
- We make it easier for taxpayers to deal with their taxes by improving our services, working together with our partners.
- Competence development and recruitment are based on a strategic personnel plan.
- We want our staff members’ tasks and competence to reflect comprehensive taxpayer understanding.
- The Tax Administration implements target-oriented and knowledge-based management. The Tax Administration’s strategy gives us goals for our operations and development activities.
- Our cooperation in Finland and internationally is target-oriented, systematic and effective.
Allocation of resources
- At least 75% of full-time work effort is dedicated to the Tax Administration’s core operations and their improvement.
- We use our capabilities for various strategic goals and areas of improvement based on proven effectiveness while reducing parallel development efforts.
The Finnish Tax Administration is one of the forerunners of digital economy. We have integrated our services with external business platforms. Taxpayers do not have to concern themselves with taxes, because tax is collected at the same time as the taxable event takes place. Taxation has thus effortlessly merged into our daily lives. The tax gap has diminished and financing for society is on solid ground.