Foreign companies: how to grant authorisations
A representative of a foreign company can act in the Incomes Register’s e-service on behalf of their company if they have a Finnish personal ID or a foreign individual’s unique identifier UID (Finnish Authenticator app) as well as a Suomi.fi authorisation.
UID and Suomi.fi authorisation must be separately requested. If a Finnish Business ID has been issued to the foreign company, request the Suomi.fi authorisation using that Business ID.
How to grant a mandate
- Read the instructions on the Suomi.fi website.
- Register in the foreign citizen identification service, i.e. the Finnish Authenticator Identification Service, to get your personal UID.
Download mobile application.
- Go to the app store on your smartphone and download the Finnish Authenticator app.
- Submit your details on the app. You can identify yourself to the Finnish Authenticator app by submitting a photo of your face (selfie) and a photo of a proof of ID, such as your passport or official identity card.
Use the app for authentication.
- When you receive a notification that your Finnish Authenticator can now be used for identity authentication, you can request Suomi.fi authorisation.
Make a request for authorisation
The foreign company must first apply for the right to grant a mandate by submitting the mandate application. When this has been done, it can authorise individuals to use the Incomes Register on its behalf via Suomi.fi.
Find out who is completing the application on behalf of the company.
- The request for authorisation can be made by a party who has the right to represent the company, for example.
- The authorisation request must be signed by a party who has the right to sign for the company. The parties with the right to sign for the company are listed in the company’s trade register extract. A certified copy of the extract must be enclosed with the request.
The authorisation request can concern either a right to grant authorisations or a representative’s right to grant authorisations.
- Right to grant authorisations:
- The right of authorisation can be registered to one or multiple individuals.
- Individuals with the right to grant authorisations can log in to the Suomi.fi e-Authorisation service and grant an authorisation either to themselves or to a company employee or an accounting firm. For example, the authorisation allows the authorised party to act in the Incomes Register's e-service on the company’s behalf.
- Representative’s right to grant authorisations:
- Representative’s right to grant authorisations can be requested for an individual who represents a company or organisation that has been authorised by another individual, company or organisation.
- When an individual has the representative’s right to grant authorisations, they can grant authorisations to other individuals to act on the behalf of the company or organisation that they represent. These individuals can then act in the name of the company or organisation they represent to take care of matters on the behalf of the party that authorised their company or organisation.
- Please read the instructions first. In Suomi.fi, you can also find out what documents and signatures are required in different situations.
- Please note that if a Finnish Business ID has been issued to the foreign company, the selection you should make in the e-service is Foreign company or organisation with a Finnish business ID.
- After fillng in the application, print it out.
- Send the request by post along with a copy of a trade register extract certified by an official authority as well as other necessary enclosures.
Your authorisation request will be processed.
- You will be notified by email when the requested right to grant authorisations has been registered.
- When the application has been approved, you can manage the company’s authorisations in the Suomi.fi e-Authorisations service.
Grant an authorisation
After the right to grant authorisations has been registered, grant a mandate for transactions, i.e. authorisation to yourself or to a company employee or an accounting firm.
Determine what type of authorisation you will need.
- For example, with the “Reporting earnings payment data” authorisation, you will be able to report and view the customer’s earnings payment reports and request related transcripts.
- Read the descriptions of different authorisations to decide which authorisation you need
- Select “Company’s mandates” and the company on behalf of which you want to grant an authorisation.
- Only grant authorisations to persons you want to use the Incomes Register on behalf of the company in the future. If you want to authorise an employee to act on the company’s behalf, they must have a Finnish personal identity code or a UID-identifier.
- If you will be handling the company’s affairs yourself, you can grant an authorisation to yourself. You can also authorise an accounting firm, for example.
When this has been done, all authorised persons can log in to the Incomes Register’s e-service and act on behalf of the company. Once they have logged in, they must select “Act on behalf of a company or organisation”.
Use the Incomes Register’s e-service
Once you have the Finnish Authenticator app and a Suomi.fi authorisation, you can log in to the Incomes Register’s e-service to manage a company’s Incomes Register affairs.