Actual mileage as the basis for taxation
- Look up the kilometres on the dashboard’s odometer. If the kilometre count does not appear realistic or it shows the total distance incorrectly, the following sources of information may be used for comparison and adjustment:
- The car’s maintenance logbook
- Maintenance history database at the car dealership
- Records made by the vehicle registration authority in the country where the car was registered
- Prepare a separate document in order to verify and adjust the mileage information. Enclose it with your car tax return.