Send some of your tax-return data in advance
Many details that concern the 2022 tax year can be entered in MyTax beforehand. If you do that, the amounts and information will appear on the pre-completed tax return that you receive at the end of March or beginning of April.
Examples of what you can enter and save now: your deductible 2022 travel expenses, the credit for household expenses, any deductions for a second home in another district because of your work, information on rental income, information on capital gains and losses from the sale of property (other than corporate stock and securities).
At the end of March or beginning of April, you can check and – if necessary, make corrections to – the rest of the contents of your tax return such as wage amounts and any capital gains and capital losses from your trading with securities as you receive your pre-completed tax return or when MyTax starts showing the return for you online.
Here is how to proceed:
If the Check your pre-completed tax return link does not appear, your tax return is not yet in MyTax.
However, you can still enter some of the information in advance for your tax return. If you choose to do that, go to Tax year 2022 first, and then select Filing income and deductions.
Note: in any case, we recommend that you check the pre-completed tax return carefully when you receive it in MyTax or by post.
Also make sure to read about How to file deductions in MyTax
You can enter the following details and information in MyTax beforehand:
- Travel and commuting expenses
- The tax credit for household expenses
- Deductible expenses for the production of income
- Deduction for a reduced capacity to pay taxes
- Deductible expenses for a second home for work
- Credit due to maintenance obligation
- Request for child increase to your credit for a deficit in capital income
- Rental income
- Amounts of capital gains and losses for the sale of property other than corporate stock and other securities
- Permanent separation from spouse
- Deduction for income from donated forest
- The deductions granted to taxpayers in the Åland Islands (Form 17)
- Request for deduction of losses from agricultural income (in a tax partnership)
Frequently asked questions
You can file the following returns in MyTax:
- tax return for agriculture (2)
- tax return for forestry (2C)
- business tax return (5).
Partnerships can file the following tax returns in MyTax:
- tax return for agriculture (2Y)
- tax return for forestry (2C)
- business tax return – business partnership (6A)
- tax return on rental income – real estate (7K).
Due dates and instructions for filing
- How to file a tax return for agricultural operations (available in Finnish and Swedish)
- Note: The values for agricultural land and building sites of production facilities enquired on the tax return for agricultural operations (Forms 2 and 2Y) are received directly from real estate taxation. The values become available in MyTax 7 February 2023.
- How to file a tax return for forestry (available in Finnish and Swedish)
Individual taxpayer’s pre-completed tax return
Individual taxpayers receive their pre-completed tax returns in MyTax as follows:
- self-employed individuals and agricultural operators and their spouses, on 23 February 2023
- other individual taxpayers, in the second half of March.
If you have activated Suomi.fi messages, you will receive an e-mail message when your return arrives in MyTax.
You can file some deductions and income details for your tax return in advance. They include: travel expenses, tax credit for household expenses, deduction for second home for work, rental income, and capital gains and losses from the sale of property other than securities. List of information you can file in advance.
If you file the information by 21 February 2023, it will be included in your pre-completed tax return. Make sure to check your tax return, however.