How to file expenses for the production of income in MyTax
Select “Tax returns and tax information” under Activities on the MyTax home page.
Select the current year.
Click on “Expenses for the production of income”.
If you also want to request a new tax card where the expenses for the production of income have already been considered in the tax rate, select “Request a new tax card”. (See the instructions: Ordering a tax card in MyTax)
If you do not want to request a new tax card, select "Report deduction only”.
When you only report the deduction, the details you file will automatically show in your next request for a tax card or prepayments and in the pre-completed tax return. The deduction will be taken into account in the tax rate of the next tax card or afterwards in the final tax assessment (in the amount of tax refund or back taxes).
Select “Open specification” to enter expenses for the production of wage income or other income.
a) Enter the following as expenses for the production of wage income:
- training expenses (such as course fees and costs for course materials)
- work tools (such as material costs and expenses for use of your own tools) increased living expenses due to business trips
- other expenses (such as professional literature or work-related telephone costs)
If you have used your own workspace for acquiring wage income, select “Yes” and choose the option that best describes your circumstances.
b) Enter the following as expenses for the production of other income than wage income:
- expenses for the production of other work income
- expenses for the production of income relating to benefits and other earned income
Once the details are correct, click “OK”.
Check the details before submitting them.