Employer at a construction site – guidance on how to help your workers with their tax matters

Are you coming to Finland for work and need a tax card or a tax number and a tax card?
 You do not need to visit a tax office. Call our service number 029 497 050 to get instructions on what to do.

Opening hours of tax offices have been restricted. We do not recommend visiting tax offices.
This special procedure is in force from 1 April to 31 December 2020.

Everyone who works at building sites or worksites of installation projects must wear a name tag with a photo and their individual tax number printed on it. The worker’s tax number must be entered in the tax number register.

The worker must first have a Finnish personal identity code – after that, the tax number can be issued.

If you are an independent contractor, i.e. a self-employed individual, you must find out what you have to do.

Select the option that best describes your situation.

The final part contains specific guidance on:

  • how to give your workers instructions in tax matters
  • what you can do on behalf of your workers
  • what you as the employer are responsible for.