Working in construction in Finland - instructions for construction workers

Are you coming to Finland for work and need a tax card or a tax number and a tax card?
 You do not need to visit a tax office. Call our service number 029 497 050 to get instructions on what to do.

Opening hours of tax offices have been restricted. We do not recommend visiting tax offices.
This special procedure is in force from 1 April to 31 December 2020.

When you arrive in Finland to do construction or installation work, you must get registered at a tax office and get a tax number as soon as possible. If you do not have a tax number, you cannot work on the construction site. You must have an identification card with your name, picture and tax number.

If you are looking to hire construction workers, see the instructions for employers.

Answer the questions on this page to see more detailed instructions. Select the option that best describes your circumstances.