Foreign individuals can access the Incomes Register using the Finnish Authenticator Identification Service
Foreign citizens can verify their identity in the Income Register’s e-service using the Finnish Authenticator Identification Service. A non-Finnish representative of a foreign company can act in the Incomes Register on behalf of their company if they have registered in the Finnish Authenticator Identification Service and have a Suomi.fi authorisation.
The representative must have the following:
- a foreign individual’s unique identifier (UID)
- the Finnish Authenticator app
- a Suomi.fi authorisation.
How to register a foreign individual’s unique identifier (UID)
- Go to the Finnish Authenticator Identification Service website.
- Select Register.
- Enter your email address twice and select Register. If the email address is in the correct format and has not been previously registered in the service, you will receive a verification link by email.
- Verify your email address by clicking the link in the email within 24 hours. The link can be used only once. If you do not verify your email within 24 hours, you must start the registration process from the beginning.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions of the service.
- Enter a password of your choice twice. Note the character and length requirements for passwords.
- After this, your account will be created and a foreign individual’s unique identifier (UID) will be assigned to you.
- Once the registration is completed, you will be able to sign in to the Finnish Authenticator Identification Service. You can use the service to verify your identity in Finnish public administration e-services.
Download the Finnish Authenticator app and request Suomi.fi authorisation
After receiving your personal UID, go to your app store and download the Finnish Authenticator app.
You can identify yourself in the app by submitting a photo of your face and a photo of a proof of ID, such as your passport or official identity card.
When you receive a notification that the Finnish Authenticator app can now be used for identity authentication, you can request a Suomi.fi authorisation.
Read more about authorisations: Foreign companies and their representatives: How to grant authorisations for Incomes Register matters