Who can act as a company representative in the Incomes Register?

You can conduct transactions via the Incomes Register’s e-service in the name of a company or an organisation, if

  • you are designated in the Trade Register or the Business Information System (YTJ) as having one of the following official roles in the company or organisation in question, or
  • you have been granted e-authorisation to act within the Incomes Register’s e-service, in the name of the company or organisation.

You can act on behalf of a company if you have any of the following official roles:

  • Managing Director
  • Substitute for the Managing Director
  • Deputy Managing Director
  • Chairman of the Board
  • Member of the Board
  • Liquidator
  • Building Manager
  • Full-time Building Manager
  • Trader
  • General Partner (Ky)
  • Partner (Ay)
  • Authorised
  • “Authorised” with the procurator’s right to represent

If the data submitter has a one-person limited liability company and the data submitter is the only member of the company board, only a data submitter designated by the Trade Register as having one of the above official roles in the company in question can act on behalf of the company.

The official role of an accountant (TIL) does not provide authorisation to act as a company representative in the Incomes Register; the accountant will need authorisation to use the Incomes Register's e-service.

Only certain roles have the ability to grant authorisation to third parties – individuals or companies – to represent the company or organisation, and to use the e-service. Such roles include managing director, substitute for the managing director, officials with the right to sole representation and a private trader.