Application for using the technical interface and certificate
Using the technical interface has three stages:
- The organisation's representative fills in the application for using the technical interface.
- The organisation's representative subscribes to a certificate.
- The certificate's technical contact person, specified on the certificate subscription, retrieves the certificate.
Submit an application for using the technical interface
The organisation's representative fills in an application in the Incomes Register's e-service.
If your organisation pays or reports pensions or benefits that must be reported to the Incomes Register on a benefits payment report, confirm the reporting of benefits payment data before filling in the application for the right to use the interface.
After you have submitted your interface application, fill in a certificate application. The certificate is used to identify the organisation using the interface and to ensure the integrity of the records.
Submit an application for using the interface services when
- an organisation starts to use the technical interface of the Incomes Register,
- an organisation starts using new technical interface channels;
- an organisation starts to use the interface for a new purpose, such as to report wages paid by another organisation in addition to its own wage payments.
If you want to make changes to a valid application, start by selecting "Technical interface and certificates" and then select ‘Make a replacement application’. Do not remove any selections already made in the application if the purposes and channels selected are still in use by your organisation.
If the interface application is submitted by an accounting firm or another outsourcing partner, they must have a valid contract and the authorisation to act on behalf of the customer company. An accounting firm may use the same certificate when doing business on behalf of all of its customers.
Organisations and accounting firms may use the same certificate in their different software products, provided that the same certificate type is compatible with the requirements of the software products. Alternatively, the organisation may obtain a separate certificate for each software product. The intended use for the certificate must be declared in the application for using the technical interface.
Request a certificate
You can request a certificate immediately after you have submitted your application for using the technical interface in the Incomes Register's e-service.
The organisation's representative must request for a certificate for a API of their choice by submitting a certificate application. Enter a technical contact person for the certificate, such as a representative of the software company. Give the contact person's email address and telephone number in the format that includes the country code, for example +35840 1234 567. The contact person is responsible for the use of the certificate and will receive separate instructions to retrieve the certificate.
A certificate is valid for 2 years, after which it must be renewed. The certificate’s technical contact person will receive an email reminder 60 days before the certificate expires. Keep the contact person’s information updated in the Incomes Register's e-service.
The technical contact person retrieves the certificate
The certificate's technical contact person, specified on the certificate subscription, retrieves the certificate from the certificate service's API.
If you have been named as a certificate’s technical contact person, you are responsible for retrieving, deploying and using the certificate. You will receive a secure email which includes the transfer IDs and one-time password (TransferID and TransferPassword) required to retrieve the certificate. Click the ‘Open message’ button in the email to receive a text message which includes the PIN code you need to read the secure email.
- Once the transfer IDs have been sent, they will be valid for 14 days, during which the certificate must be retrieved.
- If the IDs expire, you need to request a new certificate. Transfer IDs can only be used once.
Once you have retrieved your certificate, you are responsible for adding it to your software. The API cannot be used without the certificate.
Requesting a new certificate for a currently valid API
Use the feature "Apply for a new certificate" of the Incomes Register's e-service the following situations:
- you need to request a new certificate (such as an additional certificate, the certificate has expired);
- the retrieval of a certificate is unsuccessful (the given telephone number or email address was incorrect, the PIN code was misplaced)
- certificate cannot be renewed using your software.
When requesting a new certificate, you can select only the interfaces for which the access right is currently valid.