Change over from the Katso service to the service

The Katso service will soon be unavailable in connection with the Incomes Register's e-service. It is recommended that you change over from the Katso service to the e-identification and authorisations.

Even such parties that have used the Katso service and have previously been unable to change over to the e-Authorisations will be able to apply for authorisations starting from the end of June. These parties include, for example, municipalities, parishes and educational institutions.

The following organisations can use the authorisations immediately:

  • housing companies
  • general partnerships
  • limited partnerships
  • business operators and self-employed persons (operating under a business name)
  • operators of agriculture or forestry
  • limited companies
  • cooperatives
  • foundations entered in the Trade Register

How to grant a authorisation

The legal form of the authorising party's business determines when a new authorisation can be granted in the e-Authorisations service.

  • Almost all companies and entrepreneurs can already authorise another person or a company to act on their behalf in the Incomes Register's e-service through e-Authorisations. The company must
    • have a Business ID
    • be registered in the Trade Register or the Business Information System.
  • Those companies and organisations that have a Business ID but no representative registered in the Trade Register can start using authorisations via the new official-assisted authorisation service in June.

How does the official-assisted authorisation service work?

The organisation asks an official of the Tax Administration to grant the right to authorise to a representative of the organisation. After this, the representative can authorise other persons in the e-Authorisations. Non-Finnish parties can also authorise via the official-assisted authorisation service. The official registers the authorisations specified in the application on behalf of the applicant in the Authorisation register.

The official-assisted authorisation service enables granting electronic authorisations and acting on behalf of others for parties that cannot grant electronic authorisations in e-Authorisations on their own.

The following organisations, for example, can apply for the authorisations and the right to grant authorisations with the help of an official in June 2020:

  • organisations with no registered representatives (e.g. municipalities, parishes, educational institutions, foundations, business partnerships, and estates with a Business ID)
  • associations with no persons registered with the right to represent the association alone
  • non-Finnish companies with no representative with a Finnish personal identity code registered in the Trade Register
  • non-Finnish companies not registered in Finland
  • Finnish companies with no individuals or board members registered in the Trade Register who have the right to represent the company alone.

Read more: You can grant authorisations with the help of an official

What happens when the Katso service becomes unavailable?

If you are now using a Katso ID, you will not be able to use it to sign in to MyTax,,, or the Incomes Register as of 1 January 2021. Sign in to these services using your personal online banking codes, a mobile certificate or a certificate card.  The mobile certificate or certificate card can be provided by your organisation.

If you are taking care of another party’s Incomes Register matters with Katso authorisations, you must apply for the necessary authorisations to replace them. Katso authorisations will not be automatically turned into authorisations.

Katso authorisations will no longer be available as of 1 January 2021.

Read more: