Businesses: authorise parties to use the Incomes Register’s e-service
Any individuals with the following titles as per the Trade Register or the Business Information System can use the e-service on behalf of the company they represent:
- Managing Director
- Substitute for the Managing Director
- Chairman of the Board
- Member of the Board
- Building Manager, if you have the right to sign for the company
- Full-time Building Manager, if you have the right to sign for the company
- Sole Trader
- General Partner (limited partnerships)
- Partner (general partnerships)
- Authorised, i.e. a person who has the right to represent the company according to the company’s articles of association
All other parties need to be separately authorised to use the Incomes Register’s e-service on behalf of the company.
Authorisations can be given to individuals or businesses.
Who has the right to authorise others?
Authorisations can only be given by
- the company’s Managing Director
- the Managing Director’s substitute
- officials with the right to sole representation
- sole traders
- individuals whom one of the above has given the right to grant a mandate.
In the Katso service:
- Katso master user
- Katso parallel master user
How are authorisations given?
Authorisations are given using either the Suomi.fi e-Authorisations service or the Katso system, depending on the legal form of the business.
The Suomi.fi e-Authorisations service can be used by
- limited companies
- housing companies
- limited partnerships
- general partnerships
- sole traders
- non-governmental organisations, with a Business ID
- foundations (included in the Trade Register)
- natural persons.
The Katso system can be used by organisations whose Business ID is not registered in the Trade Register or in the Business Information System service or by organisations that do not have information on the organisation's authorised signatory.
- educational institutions
- public organisations
- foreign companies that are not included in the Trade Register or whose authorised signatories are foreign citizens (who do not have a Finnish personal identity code).
The Katso service will soon be unavailable in connection with the Incomes Register's e-service. It is recommended that you change over from the Katso service to the Suomi.fi e-identification and authorisations.
Even such parties that have used the Katso service and have previously been unable to change over to the Suomi.fi e-Authorisations will be able to apply for Suomi.fi authorisations starting from the end of June. These parties include, for example, municipalities, parishes and educational institutions.
Access to the Incomes Register’s e-service is controlled by means of authorisation codes. The specific authorisation codes for accessing the Incomes Register are ‘Reporting earnings payment data’, ‘Browsing earnings payment data’, ‘Reporting benefits payment data’ and ‘Browsing benefits payment data’.
Read more about Incomes Register's authorisation codes.