Accessibility statement for the Incomes Register's e-service
The Finnish Tax Administration's Incomes Register Unit is committed to making the Incomes Register's e-service accessible in accordance with the act on the provision of digital services (laki digitaalisten palvelujen tarjoamisesta 306/2019).
This accessibility statement applies to the Incomes Register's e-service. You can sign in to the service at incomesregister.fi. In the service, you can, for example, report income data to the Incomes Register and browse the data saved in the Incomes Register.
The Incomes Register's e-service is partially compliant with the standards. The non-compliances are listed below.
- The language of the service cannot be changed from Finnish into Swedish or English when using a screen reader. This defect is critical to some users of assistive devices. The defect will be corrected as soon as possible. (WCAG 3.1.1).
- The service contains tailored HTML elements that have been deficiently defined for assistive technologies. The defects are critical to some users of assistive devices.
- The screen reader does not correctly describe the changes in the status of checkboxes and radio buttons on forms (WCAG 4.1.2).
- Some buttons and interactive features are not named clearly or they have no name at all in terms of assistive technology. This problem concerns, in particular, forms and the search feature. (WCAG 1.3.1, 4.1.2).
- Some interactive elements are not compliant with the contrast requirements of the WCAG standards. The defects particularly affect users who do not use a screen reader but use the service with a keyboard and must rely on sight.
- The editable fields on forms and some controls, such as combo boxes, display the keyboard focus indicator poorly. The button that opens the calendar component does not display the keyboard focus indicator at all. (WCAG 2.4.7)
- The service has links, controls for forms, and icons that contain text or graphics that are not easily distinguishable from the background (WCAG 1.4.3, 1.4.11).
- Moving between the different views of the service is not always sufficiently clear to the users of assistive devices who operate in the service without visual context. The problems are related to controlling the focus order of the browser which is inconsistent at the moment. (WCAG 2.4.3).
- The service also has some other individual, minor defects that do not affect users as much.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 23 September 2019. The accessibility of the service was reviewed by Annanpura Oy.
Feedback and contact information
You can give feedback to the Incomes Register Unit on the accessibility of the Incomes Register's e-service by emailing to email@example.com. All feedback will be responded to within two (2) weeks.
The Incomes Register Unit is responsible for the accessibility of the Incomes Register's e-service.
Contact information: Incomes Register Unit, P.O Box 5, FI-00055 INCOMES REGISTER
If you notice any problems relating to the accessibility of the service, first give feedback to the system administrator of the service. The reply may take 14 days. If you are not happy with the reply you received or you do not receive any reply within two weeks, you can direct your feedback to the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. You can find information on how to file a complaint and how the matter will be processed on the saavutettavuusvaatimukset.fi website of the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland.
Contact information of the supervisory authority
Saavutettavuuden valvonnan yksikkö (Accessibility Auditing Unit)
- switchboard 0295 016 000