The denial-of-service attack targeting central government services also affected the Incomes Register8/23/2019
Disturbances that made it difficult to use or entirely prevented the use of some central government e-services occurred on Wednesday 21 August and Thursday 22 August 2019. The disturbance also prevented the use of the incomesregister.fi website and it was not possible to log in to the Incomes Register's e-service. The Incomes Register's interfaces were also down.
It has been confirmed that the disturbance was caused by a denial-of-service attack. The attack was not directed at the data stored in the Incomes Register.
During the disturbance, the Incomes Register did not receive records via the interfaces. If you submitted earnings payment records to the Incomes Register during the disturbance, do as follows:
- Check from your payroll system what happens when you submit a record in an error situation. Different payroll systems operate in different ways.
- Check the status of the record in the Incomes Register's e-service or from the interface return message.
The Incomes Register was down due to the disturbance:
- from 9 pm on Wednesday 21 August to 8.15 am on Thursday 22 August
- on Thursday 22 August from 10 am to noon
- from 4.30 pm on Thursday 22 August to 8.15 am on Friday 23 August
There may have been disruptions in the e-service at other times as well due to the disturbances in the Suomi.fi service.
The incomesregister.fi website is now fully operational and the Incomes Register service was opened on 23 August at 8.15 am.
We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by the extensive disturbance. The situation is still being monitored intensively.
Read more about the disturbance: valtori.fi (in Finnish)