Katso service to go out of use – Suomi.fi authorisations available for new users5/22/2020
The Katso service will soon be unavailable in connection with the Incomes Register's e-service. It is recommended that you change over from the Katso service to the Suomi.fi e-identification and authorisations as soon as possible.
Even such parties that have used the Katso service and have previously been unable to change over to the Suomi.fi e-Authorisations will be able to apply for Suomi.fi authorisations starting from the end of June. These parties include, for example, municipalities, parishes and educational institutions.
Identification in the Incomes Register's e-service
All other users except for non-Finnish persons can already identify for the Incomes Register’s e-service using personal online banking codes, a mobile certificate or an organisation certificate card. Make sure that one of these methods of identification is available to the persons in your organisation using the Incomes Register's e-service.
A UID number, which will replace the Katso service, will be available for the identification of non-Finnish persons later. The schedule for this will be separately announced.
Acting on behalf of another in the Incomes Register
An authorisation is needed if another organisation or person acts on behalf of an organisation in the Incomes Register's e-service. The authorisations granted in the Katso service must be granted again in the Suomi.fi e-Authorisations service before the Katso service is closed.
Please regrant the authorisations for the Incomes Register in the Suomi.fi e-Authorisations service if your organisation had the following authorisations in the Katso service:
- Reporting earnings payment data
- Browsing earnings payment data
An authorised party, e.g. an accounting firm, can also ask for a new authorisation in the Suomi.fi e-Authorisations service.
When to grant a Suomi.fi authorisation
The legal form of the authorising party's business determines when a new authorisation can be granted in the Suomi.fi e-Authorisations service.
Almost all companies and entrepreneurs can already authorise another person or a company to act on their behalf in the Incomes Register's e-service through Suomi.fi e-Authorisations. The requirement for granting Suomi.fi authorisations is that
- the company has a Business ID
- the company is registered in the Trade Register or the Business Information System.
Those companies and organisations that have a Business ID but no representative registered in the Trade Register can start using Suomi.fi authorisations via the new official-assisted authorisation service at the start of June. The organisation asks an official to grant the right to authorise to a representative of the organisation. After this, the representative can authorise other persons in the Suomi.fi e-Authorisations. Non-Finnish parties can also authorise via the official-assisted authorisation service.
The following organisations can use the Suomi.fi authorisations immediately:
- housing companies
- general partnerships
- limited partnerships
- business operators and self-employed persons (operating under a business name)
- operators of agriculture or forestry
- limited companies
- foundations entered in the Trade Register
The following organisations, for example, can apply for the Suomi.fi authorisations and the right to grant authorisations with the help of an official in June 2020:
- organisations with no registered representatives (e.g. municipalities, parishes, educational institutions, foundations, business partnerships, and estates with a Business ID)
- associations with no persons registered with the right to represent the association alone
- non-Finnish companies with no representative with a Finnish personal identity code registered in the Trade Register
- non-Finnish companies not registered in Finland
- Finnish companies with no individuals or board members registered in the Trade Register who have the right to represent the company alone.
- Digital and Population Data Services Agency: Official-assisted authorisation service to start in June
- How to grant a Suomi.fi authorisation for acting in the Incomes Register’s e-service