Katso IDs and authorisations will remain in use until the end of 202012/5/2019
You can continue using your Katso ID and Katso authorisations to access the Incomes Register's e-service until the end of 2020. After that, you must use the Suomi.fi authentication and authorisation services instead. You can start using Suomi.fi services immediately. More details on the schedule will be published later.
If you are taking care of another party's Incomes Register reports (accounting firms, payroll clerks and other outsourcing partners of the payroll administration), you must start using the Suomi.fi authorisations right away. Sign in to the e-service with your online banking codes, mobile certificate or certificate card. The following parties can currently use Suomi.fi authorisations to access the Incomes Register's e-service:
- private individuals
- business owners and self-employed individuals
- operators of a farm or forestry enterprise
- limited companies, housing companies, cooperatives, limited partnerships and general partnerships.
Most companies and entrepreneurs registered in the Business Information System or in the trade register can already use Suomi.fi authorisations to authorise another person or company to act on their behalf in the Incomes Register's e-service.
Persons or companies may also ask another party for authorisation to act on their behalf in the Incomes Register. We recommend that you take care of your authorisations before summer 2020.
During 2020, Suomi.fi authorisations will also be made available to those who cannot yet use them.
The Incomes Register data users sign in to the Incomes Register's e-service using online banking codes, a mobile certificate or a certificate card. The authorisation of a data user organisation requires a data permission.
Upcoming features in the Suomi.fi authentication and authorisation services
The following new features will soon be available in the Suomi.fi authentication and authorisation services:
- Limited companies and housing companies can authorise another person or company to take care of their Incomes Register reporting even if multiple people together have the right to sign for the company.
- Estates, business partnerships, tax partnerships, joint-benefit administrations and public organisations can contact a tax official to authorise another party to act on their behalf.
- Associations can authorise another party in the Suomi.fi authorisation service to act on their behalf, if the association has registered a personal ID with the right to sign for the association in the register of associations.
- Foreign companies can contact a tax official to authorise a Finnish representative to act on their behalf.
- Foreign companies and individuals can contact a tax official to get an authorisation that allows them to act on another party’s behalf. This authorisation can be granted between Finnish and non-Finnish parties.
- Foreign individuals who have used the Katso service will be able to access a new authentication service in the spring of 2020. Foreign individuals can then register in this new service and get an electronic identifier.
More details on the schedule for these new features will be published later.
You can read about how other official authorities are implementing Suomi.fi authentication and authorisation services on their official websites.
More information about the use of the Suomi.fi authorisations: How to authorise other parties to use the Incomes Register’s e-service