Changes to the Register of Associations: Associations can now report to the Incomes Register electronically


Changes were introduced in the Register of Associations at the Finnish Patent and Registration Office (PRH) on 18 September 2019. At the same time, all associations and religious communities entered in the Register of Associations automatically received a Finnish Business ID. Associations can now report wages, fees and reimbursements to the Incomes Register electronically. It has been mandatory to report paid wages and other income to the Incomes Register as of 1 January 2019.

You can check the Business ID of an association in the Business Information System or in the new information service of the Finnish Register of Associations.

If an association already had a Business ID, the same ID remains valid in the future. In such a case, the changes to the Register of Associations will have no effect on reporting to the Incomes Register.

Reporting to the Incomes Register using an online form or payroll software

In order to report to the Incomes Register electronically, the association must have a Business ID. You can report electronically by using the online form in the e-service ( or via payroll software from which a technical interface has been established to the Incomes Register. Associations can use, for example, the free-of-charge payroll system.

After the changes to the Register of Associations, those associations that have previously submitted their reports to the Incomes Register using a paper form can now report electronically. Reporting electronically is faster and easier than reporting on paper.

Data can only be reported to the Incomes Register on a paper form due to special reasons. Now that all associations will have a Business ID, they will no longer have a valid reason to use paper forms.

Use the new Business ID when you report to the Incomes Register

Once the association has received a Business ID, it must use its Business ID whenever it submits data to the Incomes Register. The Business IDs will be in use as of 18 September 2019.

Use a paper form to correct reports submitted without a Business ID

An association may have submitted data on a paper form before it received a Business ID. If these reports made on paper need to be corrected afterwards, the corrections must be made without a Business ID, using a paper form.

Authorise the association's representative to use the e-service

In order to use the Incomes Register's e-service, the association needs a Katso ID.

The association can authorise individuals or companies to act on its behalf in the Incomes Register. For now, associations use the Katso service to grant authorisations. Authorisations can be granted by the association's Katso master user or the Katso parallel master user. Later on, the authorisations of associations will be moved to the e-Authorisations service. The schedule for this change will be separately announced.

In connection with granting authorisations, the person or company will be issued authorisation codes. The authorisation code determines what matters the authorised person can manage on behalf of the association in the Incomes Register. 

The authorisation codes in the Incomes Register are Reporting earnings payment data and Browsing earnings payment data. The authorisation Reporting earnings payment data also includes the authorisation Browsing earnings payment data.

Read more about the Incomes Registers' authorisation codes