Thinking of doing business in Finland? - True friend for startups
- Finland has comparable tax rates with other European countries,
and taxation is always clear and predictable.
- The Finnish Tax Administration offers proactive guidance, excellent service and credible tax control to ensure the reliable and trustworthy accrual of tax revenues.
- The main taxes you will encounter in Finland are value added tax (VAT) and corporate taxes. You will also expected to collect your employees’ income taxes. We do not have a wealth tax.
Let us help
The Tax Administration has a team of dedicated experts to provide our clients with workable solutions through quick, high-quality professional service related to VAT, business income tax, transfer pricing, prepayments and withholdings – free of charge.
Startup companies expanding their operations to other countries will normally encounter a number of challenges with their international operations, and special know-how is required to recognise and resolve these issues. We invite businesses to open a dialogue with us whenever tax issues emerge, ideally even before they commit to any structures or transactions.
Our services to startup companies are protected by strict confidentiality, just like all other tax matters in Finland. We want to make sure our clients feel secure in that their tax matters in Finland are predictable and legally certain. In addition, any guidance provided for a particular tax issue will be taken into account in the company's tax assessment.
Typical tax issues for startups:
- Withholding taxes and international double taxation
- Transfer pricing
- Valuation and sales/licensing of intangible rights that originate in Finland
- Business acquisitions
- VAT, especially on electronic commerce
- Compensation and incentive programs
How to contact us
- Send e-mail to: startups(a)vero.fi
- WeChat (VeroHallinto)
Our team representing Large Taxpayer's Office will then contact you soon. Things will get started by agreeing on initial steps, materials to be delivered, setting up meetings and timelines, depending on the case at hand. Please include in your mail your contact details and a short description of your situation and the tax questions you have identified.
- China Desk: Chinese-language services for Chinese companies
- Tax survival kit for startups and international investors (pdf)
Recently started up?
If you are planning on starting up business or if you are a business owner with a recently established operations, we recommend you consult these resources: