The required information to be filed once a year – FATCA, CRS and DAC2
Financial institutions based in Finland must send the information listed in the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) to the Tax Administration once a year. In the same way, financial institutions based in Finland must submit information about their clients in compliance with the Common Reporting Standard of the OECD, and the amended DAC2 Directive of the EU, in accordance with the relevant instructions for filing annual information returns.
The deadline is the end of January every year. Ilmoitin.fi must be used for the submittals.
Guidance for filing the annual information return
- Generate an XML file and send it via Ilmoitin.fi to file your annual information returns both for FATCA and for CRS/DAC2.
- You must file an annual information return as a “nil” return if you have not had any reportable client accounts or transactions during the calendar year.
- Log in to Ilmoitin.fi with a Katso ID and password or with a personal user ID and password. The required role level is Katso Master User, Parallel Master User or Filer of annual information returns. If you handle the annual information returns for several organisations or companies, it is enough if you log in with just one Katso ID and password to send them.
- Technical guidance for FATCA annual information returns (pdf) (20 August 2020)
- CRS and DAC2 – technical instructions (pdf) (21 August 2020)
For more information, send e-mail to: fatca(a)vero.fi.