If you need to make corrections, do it via the Incomes Register

If you notice an error in the payroll information that you have submitted to the Incomes Register, you must make corrections in the Incomes Register as well. Corrections cannot be dealt with in MyTax. You can make corrections in MyTax only if you have paid wages or other earned income before 1 January 2019. In this case, you would have submitted your original payroll report to the Tax Administration, not to the Incomes Register.

Whenever you notice an error, please make the necessary corrections as soon as possible. Responsibility for correcting any errors lies with you, i.e. the employer or payor.

You can make corrections to submitted data for as long as it is retained in the Incomes Register. The incomes information system stores your data for 10 years, starting from the beginning of the year after the year when the data was first saved.

Income earners who notice errors in their information must ask their employer (or other payor) to correct them.

How can I make corrections?

The way to make corrections is to submit a new report to the Incomes Register that replaces your original report. In other words, you must provide a replacement report in order to enter the changes and corrections, and also re-submit the information that was correct in the original report.

Any incorrectly entered information on the report, whether mandatory or complementary, must be corrected. Information missing from the original report must be included in the replacement report.

Example: You notice an error that causes the income data on your previously submitted earnings payment report to change. The error also affects the amount of the employer’s health insurance contribution. You must make the necessary corrections to the earnings payment report and also file a replacement for your previously submitted employer's separate report, containing a new, corrected amount of the health insurance contribution.

Read more about making corrections to previously submitted payroll data (="earnings payment data").

Check the refund time in MyTax

If you correct information submitted to the Incomes Register by cancelling your report, check the refund time in MyTax. Depending on the refund time, the tax that has been paid may be refunded to you if the new information you submit to the Incomes Register is not recorded in MyTax in time. If you select the refund option “The refund will be saved for later use”, your employer contribution payments will not be refunded unnecessarily.

If the refund option you select is “Refund immediately after processing" or "Refund after the next general due date”, the tax you have already paid may be refunded.  In this case, MyTax shows that the tax is unpaid, and late payment interest starts to accrue from the original due date of the tax.

You can change the refund time as often as you want. You can also request a refund for your unused payments regardless of the refund time and refund limit you have selected.

See instructions: How to change the refund time and refund limit in MyTax