Service break in MyTax between 18 and 22 November due to system upgradeNews, 11/11/2021
MyTax will be upgraded at the end of November. On account of the upgrade, the MyTax e-service is down from Thursday 18 November 3.30 pm to Monday 22 November 12 noon. During the service break, you cannot log in to MyTax or manage your taxes there.
We have limited telephone service on Friday 19 November − please deal with your tax matters before the break
Our taxpayer service is limited on Friday 19 November: the Tax Administration’s chat is closed, and only limited service in telephone and tax offices is available. Tax information cannot be accessed and tax matters cannot be handled. General guidance is available from the Tax Administration's taxpayer services, and documents can be delivered to tax offices. We advise you to deal with your tax matters before the break insofar as possible.
On Friday 19 November, the following service numbers are available (service in Finnish):
- Income taxation of individual taxpayers 029 497 002
- Income taxation of self-employed persons 029 497 004
- Value added taxation 029 497 008
- Income taxation and registration 029 497 006
- Personkunders inkomstbeskattning 029 497 003 (service in Swedish)
- Car taxation 029 497 150
- Incomes Register 029 497 550 (IVR menu for service in Finnish, Swedish and English)
The service numbers are for general guidance. Taxpayer service works normally as of Monday 22 November 9 am.
During the service break, note especially the following:
- Tax card: You cannot get a tax card from MyTax or from taxpayer service between Friday 19 November and Sunday 21 November. From Monday 22 November 9 am onwards, you can get a tax card from your local tax office or the Tax Administration’s telephone service (tel. 029 497 000). The MyTax e-service opens at 12 noon, and then you can also get a tax card from there.
- Paying taxes: Between Thursday 18 November 3.30 pm and Monday 22 November 12 noon, you cannot pay taxes in MyTax, nor can you get any payment details. However, you can pay taxes in your online bank. If you intend to do so, make sure you check the account and reference numbers in MyTax in good time before the service break. You can ask for payment details from the telephone service (tel. 029 497 026) as of Monday 22 November 9 am. You can search for payment details and pay taxes in MyTax again starting Monday 22 November 12 noon.
- VAT EU Recapitulative Statements: You cannot submit reports in MyTax after Thursday 18 November 3.30 pm, so make sure you submit them before the service break. During the break, you can submit reports in the Ilmoitin.fi service, but they will not be processed until after the break. You can submit reports in MyTax again starting Monday 22 November 12 noon.
- Tax debt certificates: The tax debt register is not available between Friday 19 November and Monday 22 November. Tax debt certificates for unpaid taxes are available from the taxpayer service as of Monday 22 November 9 am.
- Interfaces (APIs): Interfaces close on Friday 19 November at 1 am and open on Sunday 21 November at 5 pm. After the break, new interfaces will also be available, such as an interface for VAT returns.
- Ilmoitin.fi and Lomake.fi services: During the service break, you can submit reports in the Ilmoitin.fi and Lomake.fi services and directly from your software via an operator, but we will not process the reports until after the break. The reports or data you file are recorded for the day when they are submitted.
- Tax number: The register of tax numbers is unavailable between Thursday 18 November 3.30 pm and Monday 22 November 9 am. Because of the service break, we cannot issue you a tax number or enter you in the register of tax numbers between 19 and 21 November 2021. If you are a new employee, you are allowed to start working on a construction site without a tax number and without it being entered in the register of tax numbers. If you start working even though you are not in the register, request registration immediately on 22 November.
- If you are a foreign employee and you do not have a Finnish personal ID, go to your local tax office and register before 19 November in order that you could receive a Finnish ID and tax number. Also remember to request that you should be entered in the public tax number register. After the break, on Monday 22 November, all employees working on construction sites must have registered tax numbers.
MyTax will also work better on mobile devices in the future
With the upgrade, MyTax's appearance will be renewed and usability improved. The accessibility of the e-service is also better. The frequently expressed wish regarding mobile use has now been fulfilled, and in the future, MyTax will work better on mobile devices, such as mobile phones and tablets.
The version upgrade also introduces other features that simplify the use of MyTax. Read more: