New features to MyTax in November
As of 6 pm on 19 November, you will be able to use MyTax to file returns which are currently filed in the Tax Administration e-service. The current login page to the e-service with the heading “Electronic filing of returns and requests” will be taken out of use.
In November, there will be improvements to the transaction search and to the viewing of balance details. You will also be able to follow the processing status of new requests and returns.
In addition, individual and corporate taxpayers from EU countries who use eIDAS identification will be able access MyTax and send a contact request.
Country-by-country reports can be filed in MyTax starting 19 November.
More services will be available in MyTax
The separate login page to the Tax Administration e-service (filing.tax.fi) will be taken out of use. Starting on 19 November, you will be able to use MyTax for the returns and requests previously filed in the Tax Administration e-service. Logging in to MyTax will function in the same way as before. As a new feature, EU citizens will be able to log in to MyTax with eIDAS identification, which was previously available in the separate Tax Administration e-service. eIDAS identification allows for reporting and requesting information in a limited scope.
In MyTax, you can
- file certain annual information returns
- file a transfer tax return for real estate agents and securities brokers
- send a deed of inventory of an estate of a deceased person, and submit other requests connected to the inventory deed, on behalf of a client
- submit requests for specific documents
- request a pre-emptive discussion
- request a tax-at-source card for dividend income, interest income or royalty income (corporate taxpayers only)
- request refund of tax at source on dividend income, interest income or royalty income (individual and corporate taxpayers).
After logging in, go to Reporting and requesting information in a limited scope, and click Report or request information in a limited scope.
For example, if you are a company employee submitting information on behalf of a client on a one-time basis, you can use this link to submit the information. Submitting information through this functionality does not require a Suomi.fi authorisation.
Information submitted through this functinality will not be connected in any way to your personal tax matters. For example, if you are a real estate agent and you file a transfer tax return on behalf of your client, or if you are a lawyer and you submit a client’s deed of estate inventory, the details in these documents will not be available to you when you log in to MyTax to take care of your personal tax matters.
More information and instructions will be published on tax.fi in November on the Information about MyTax page as well as on pages with filing instructions for the different returns and requests.
Improvements to transaction search
The search terms for transaction search have been improved. For example, in future you will be able to include payments made in the search period in the search results.
Accountants can access clients’ balance summaries in MyTax
Accounting firms and accountants will be able to access a new view in MyTax. This view can be accessed from the page where you select on whose behalf you are acting. In addition to a list of your clients, the new page will show
- each client’s open balance
- latest summaries with the current tax payment status
- requests for additional information awaiting a response
- notifications of any overdue tax returns.
As an accountant, you can see balance details if your client has granted you the “Managing of tax affairs” Suomi.fi authorisation.
The new view will display all your clients, if you have no more than 300 clients. If you have more than 300 clients, you will see the details of those clients you have added in your favourites.
You can follow the processing status of your filings in MyTax
You can follow the processing status of your return or request, if you file one of the following:
- claim for adjustment (except for inheritance tax in Finland)
- gift tax return
- application for a special permit for deducting losses
- request for written guidance on VAT
- application for transfer tax refund
- application for right to refund of car tax based on disability
- request for refund of car tax based on disability.
Previously, it has been possible to follow the processing status of advance rulings in MyTax. In future, you will be able to follow the processing status of even more filing types.
The processing status of your filing is shown as one of the following: Received, Being processed, Waiting for further information, Finished.
Users from EU countries with eIDAS identification can send contact requests
Individuals and companies based in other EU countries can log in to MyTax using eIDAS identification methods issued by their own country. At present, however, eIDAS only enables limited access to MyTax:
- Foreign individuals can submit a contact request to initiate the electronic processing of their matter by the Finnish Tax Administration.
- Foreign individual and corporate taxpayers can file certain requests and returns in MyTax, but only in a very limited scope.
In future, more functionalities will be made available.
Notifications concerning country-by-country reporting can be filed in MyTax soon
Lomake.fi will close down on 29 February 2024. However, you can file the country-by-country report and the notification of the reporting entity in MyTax as of 6 pm on 19 November 2023. You can also continue filing via Ilmoitin.fi as before.
Country-by-country reporting on taxation concerns multinational groups whose consolidated turnover is at least €750 million.
More information will be published in November on the page Country-by-country reporting. Instructions for filing country-by-country reports in MyTax will also be published on tax.fi. Lomake.fi’s instructions concerning country-by-country reporting will remain available until the end of February 2024.