Your tax return and tax assessment decision
Last spring, you received an envelope containing the Pre-Completed Tax Return with an Assessment Decision enclosed. If you didn't send back any corrections to your tax-return information, the final result of your taxes for the year will not change.
But if you did send us corrections, or if we received corrections from third parties, a new version of the Assessment Decision is printed out for you. The Assessment Decision is not available online. Read more about tax assessment decision.
Changes to tax returns in the spring of 2019
There will be changes to tax returns in 2019. The pre-completed tax return will include the same information as before. However, the design of the tax return form will have changed, and corrections to the return must be made differently.
If all the information on the return is correct, you do not have to do anything.
Changes to payment dates of tax refunds and back taxes
- You will receive your tax refund in the time between August and December.
- The due dates for back taxes will be in the time between August and February.
- You will be able to see the dates in your tax decision. The dates are determined by:
- the end date of your tax assessment
- changes you have made to your tax return
- changes your spouse has made to their tax return
Please note that it will no longer be possible to credit tax refunds to spouses.
Make changes to your tax return in MyTax
The e-service Tax Return on the Web will be taken out of use in 2019. Instead, you will be able to make corrections and additions to your tax return in MyTax.
You will also be able to make changes to the tax return on paper. If you use the paper form, please note that there is a new procedure for reporting changes:
- you must make your corrections on separate forms, not on the pre-completed tax return as before
- you must get the necessary forms and return envelope yourself and send them to the Tax Administration
- the Tax Administration must receive your tax return before the deadline stated in the return
Make your changes in time
If you make changes to your tax return, the Tax Administration must receive the changes before the adjustment deadline stated in your tax return. Otherwise, you may have to pay a late-filing penalty. Late-filing penalty for individual taxpayers is €50.
If there is no need for corrections or additions in your tax return, you do not have to do anything.