Changes to reference numbers – please use the references specific to each tax type when you pay

Tax-specific reference numbers need to be used when paying taxes as of 1 November 2017. Tax-specific references have been given to the following tax types:

  • self-assessed taxes (same reference number as before)
  • corporate income taxes and benefits under joint administration: prepayments, additional prepayments and back taxes
  • inheritance tax
  • gift tax.

Using the tax-specific references ensures that your payments are linked to the correct tax type. You can still use your customer reference number to pay overdue taxes, regardless of the tax type. You can check the correct reference numbers in MyTax or from the payment details in your tax assessment.

Read more about other changes relating to tax payments.