Testing the Katso Identification System
Katso management user/developer must first have an agreement with the relevant Katso owner concerning resource use.
Prior to signing in to the management interface, the developer should have
- Management interface User ID and Passwords from CGI
- Knowledge of the necessary URL to access Management interface
- Fully functional connection over the web.
To have an e-service be covered by Katso, the following information is required
- Name of the e-service in three languages, English, Finnish, Swedish.
- ID of the e-service (SAML agents: written in SAML Service Provider ID field)
- Available methods of authentication (Katso OTP and/or Katso PWD)
- Available Katso Roles to be used within the e-service.
How to start testing
- Katso management user/developer should first contact CGI (support.katve.fi(at)cgi.com) to request User ID and Password to Ubilogin server management Test Identification system.
- Katso management user/developer delivers a list of persons who will participate in testing. CGI will create the corresponding User IDs and domains.
- CGI sends e-mail to user/developer to give the User IDs and the URL.
- After this, access to Management interface will be open to the Katso management user/developer, and implementation of an agent in the e-service will be feasible.
- Katso management user/developer can then ask the Katso owner to add their own e-service in the Test domain of Katso. Name and ID of the e-service should be submitted to the Katso owner.
- The e-mail address for these requests is: jl.katso.palveluntestaus(at)vero.fi
- Instructions for setting up Katso IDs in the Katso test environment (pdf) (in Finnish)
- Katso management user/developer can now run tests of the identification and authentication process within their own e-service.