The International House Helsinki offers service for newly arrived foreign citizens

When you move to Finland, International House Helsinki (IHH) assists you in tax matters.

IHH helps you when:

  • you have moved to Finland to work or study and need a tax card or a tax number
    Note: In Uusimaa, groups of more than five people must make an appointment with the Vantaa office
  • you have a company or you are a self-employed individual and you hire and supply workers from abroad
  • you receive income from outside Finland.

Please note that IHH is the only place in Uusimaa where you can find these services. The services are no longer available in the tax offices at Helsinki-Kluuvi, Järvenpää, Lohja, Porvoo and Raasepori after 3 April.

You can still visit any Tax Administration office in other tax matters.

International House Helsinki is jointly managed and operated by the Finnish Tax Administration, Kela, the City of Helsinki, the Finnish Immigration Service, the Local Register Office of Uusimaa, the TE Office of Uusimaa, the Helsinki Region Chamber of Commerce, and the Finnish Centre for Pensions.

Contact information
Lintulahdenkuja 2, 2nd floor
00530 Helsinki

Opening hours Mon–Fri from 9 am to 4 pm