Limited companies, housing companies, cooperatives, limited partnerships and general partnerships: how to grant an authorisation for tax matters

You can represent the company or cooperative without authorisation if your official role in the organisation (such as CEO) has been recorded in the Trade Register.

If you want to authorise an agent to represent the company or cooperative, you can grant an authorisation in the e-authorisation service. You can also use to request authorisations for taking care of other parties’ tax matters. Instructions on Request a mandate as a company or an organisation

You will need personal online banking codes, a mobile certificate or a certificate card for granting authorisations and using e-services.

How to grant an authorisation on


Select one or multiple authorisations

The “Managing of tax affairs” authorisation enables the authorised party to take care of all of the authorising party’s tax matters. Other authorisations only cover certain individual matters.

Read the authorisation descriptions to see which authorisation fits your needs

You will be able to select the authorisation later in the e-authorisation service.


Grant an authorisation on

Log in to with your personal online banking codes or by another identification method and grant the authorisation in the e-service.

Go to the e-authorisation service

After you have granted an authorisation on, it will enter into effect immediately. The authorised party can then log in to MyTax with their personal online banking codes and take care of the authorising party’s tax matters there.

Please note: An authorised agent cannot change a limited company’s or public company’s bank account number in MyTax. Only a representative of the company or cooperative, with an official role recorded in the Trade Register, can change the bank account number.

Frequently asked questions

The following parties can use all Tax Administration services on the company’s behalf:

  • Managing Director or substitute for the Managing Director
  • Chairman of the Board
  • liquidator
  • Building Manager
  • entrepreneur (no listing in Trade Register required)
  • general partner or partner
  • party authorised to sign for the company alone
  • holder of procuration.

The following parties can grant authorisations on the behalf of a company:

  • Managing Director
  • entrepreneur
  • party authorised to sign for the company (alone)
  • individual who has been granted a authorisation to do so by a party mentioned above
  • members of the company’s Board of Directors entered in the trade register, all together
  • chairman and a member of the Board together, in accordance with the representation rule entered in the trade register
  • two members of the Board together, in accordance with the representation rule entered in the trade register

Limited companies and housing companies can authorise another person or company in the service to take care of their tax matters even if multiple people together have the right to sign for the company. In other words, a limited company or a housing company can grant authorisations even if the Trade Register records show that two or more people together sign for the company.

Authorisations can be granted on if the company’s articles of association state that the following parties have the right to sign for the company:

  • the Board of Directors of the limited company or housing company, all together
  • members of the Board of the limited company or housing company, two together
  • the chairman together with one member of the Board.

Multiple persons entitled to sign for the company can grant an authorisation together if the right to sign for the limited company or housing company is recorded in the Trade Register and the persons granting authorisations have Finnish personal IDs.

Grant an authorisation as a company or an organisation (

Any authorisations your company has granted will remain in force even after you have submitted a notification of termination of business to the Trade Register. After the termination of business, however, the company cannot grant new authorisations in the service or use the e-services by itself, because the right to use e-services requires that the name of the company’s representative is in the Trade Register. However, a party who has previously been granted an authorisation can continue to take care of the company’s matters.

Example: A limited company has granted an authorisation to an accounting firm. When the limited company’s business activities end, the company’s managing director can no longer change the company’s authorisations. However, the accounting firm can continue to act on behalf of the limited company.

In a situation like this, the managing director can request the right to grant authorisations by submitting an application to that effect. When the managing director has been given the right to grant authorisations, they can use the e-authorisation service and grant an authorisation to use e-services either to themselves or to someone else. After this, the authorised party can, for example, remove authorisations that were granted by the limited company.