Forestry partnerships, agricultural partnerships, real estate partnerships, business partnerships: how to grant an authorisation for tax matters

You can authorise yourself or another person or company to take care of the partnership’s tax matters electronically.

The partnership must first request an authorisation on After this, the partnership can grant an authorisation in the e-authorisation service.

You will need personal online banking codes, a mobile certificate or a certificate card for using e-services.

How to request and grant authorisations on


Select one or multiple authorisations

The “Managing of tax affairs” authorisation enables the authorised party to take care of all of the authorising party’s tax matters. Other authorisations only cover certain individual matters.

Read the authorisation descriptions to see which authorisation fits your needs

You will be able to select the authorisation later in the e-authorisation service.


Request rights to grant authorisations

First, you must make a request for authorisation in the e-authorisation service. The request can concern either a right to grant authorisations or a representative’s right to grant authorisations.

Request authorisations on

Please note: After your request has been processed and your right to grant authorisations has been registered, you must log in to the e-authorisation service with your personal online banking codes. In the service, you will be able to grant the actual authorisations (described in section 1) that will allow the party you authorise to take care of your tax matters electronically.


Grant an authorisation on

After the request for authorisation has been accepted and you have received the right to grant authorisations, log in to the e-authorisation service.

Grant the required authorisations to the parties you need to take care of the organisation’s tax matters. For example, you can grant an authorisation to yourself or to an accounting firm.

Go to the e-authorisation service

Frequently asked questions

Example: I own a forestry partnership together with my three siblings. Previously, my siblings had granted me a Katso authorisation that I could use to file the partnership’s tax return and VAT return online. Until now, I have used my Katso ID to log in to MyTax.

What do I do if I can no longer use Katso?

Do the following to continue using MyTax:

  1. Request a right to grant authorisations.
    Start by requesting an authorisation on In your request, you must state all the matters for which you require an authorisation, such as taking care of your forestry partnership’s tax matters.

    Your siblings must also sign the request. In addition, you will need copies of your and your siblings’ Finnish ID cards or passports as well as a document proving that the signatories have the right to sign for the partnership (such as a copy of a tax decision).

  2. Grant authorisation for managing tax matters.
    When you are notified that the right to grant authorisations has been registered for you, log in to the e-authorisation service with your personal online banking codes. Select “Act on behalf of a company” to see the partnership. Authorise yourself to take care of the forestry partnership’s tax matters. Select the authorisation for managing tax matters. 
  3. After the authorisation has been granted, try it out: Log in to MyTax with your personal online banking codes. Select “Act on behalf of a company”. You should now see the forestry partnership’s information in MyTax.