Associations: how to grant authorisations

If you are the chair of an association in the Register of Associations or a person entitled to sign for such an association, you can use MyTax, and on behalf of the association without a separate authorisation.

If you are entitled to represent the association alone, you can grant another person or company a authorisation for the association’s tax matters. Your personal ID and official role (authorised signatory) must be recorded in the Register or Associations. You can check the information at the Register of Associations maintained by the Finnish Patent and Registration Office.

Note: An authorised agent cannot change an association’s bank account number in MyTax. The account number can only be changed by a person with an official role recorded in the Register of Associations, such as the association’s chair or representative authorised to sign for the association alone.

Learn more about authorisation for tax matters

Granting an authorisation on

Instructions on Grant a mandate as a company or an organisation

If you cannot log in to grant authorisations

If your right to represent the association alone has been recorded in the Finnish Patent and Registration Office’s Register of Associations but you cannot log in to the e-Authorizations service, fill in the Patent Office’s feedback form and ask the Register of Associations to re-check the matter.

On the feedback form, select the option Associations. Enter the following information in the text field:

  • “ authorisation fails"
  • association’s Business ID
  • name of person who cannot log in to grant authorisations
  • e-mail address for replying.

Katso IDs and authorisations cannot be used after 31 December 2020

Your Katso authorisations will not be automatically replaced with authorisations. If you are still using Katso authorisations to manage someone else’s tax matters, you must request new authorisations before the end of November. Remember to reserve enough time for submitting and processing the request.

When using your authorisation, log in to e-services with your personal e-bank codes, a mobile certificate or a certificate card.