Setting up a business

Written agreements are usually required when new companies and organisations are founded. To notify the Finnish Tax Administration and the Trade Register of a new company, you should fill out a Start-up notification form. The Trade Register is maintained by the National Board of Patents and Registration. Forms are available for downloading at Filling out one single form is sufficient for requesting entry in the registers maintained by the Tax Administration, including prepayment register and the register of VAT taxpayers.

For precise information (in Finnish) for each form of corporate entity:


Go to Glossary to look up important tax concepts and terminology.

A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   L   M   N   O   P   R   S   T   U   W

Companies and organisations

Important Dates and Deadlines

Last Update: 6/28/2013